"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, July 21, 2011

True Grit

True Grit is one of my all time favorite movies. I love the show and can watch it over and over again. Here's a scene I really enjoy....

Rooster Cogburn: [cocks his gun] Mr. Rat... I have a writ here says you're to stop eating Chen Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now it's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of the same. See? Doesn't pay any attention to me.
[shoots the rat]
Chen Lee: [runs into the room] Outside is place for shooting!
Rooster Cogburn: I'm serving some papers.

I reluctantly watched the remake with Jeff Bridges as a much darker Rooster. Without going into a long explanation, I just did not enjoy the new version as well. I will probably never watch it again, so that's saying something. Whereas I try to watch the original a couple times a year. Bridges is a good actor, he's just not John Wayne. The boots were too big to fill. Long live the American Hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment